Hey there, welcome!
I am a Ph.D. student at Stanford University. I am fortunate to be working with Prof. Curtis Langlotz in the Stanford AIMI Center and Prof. Chris Manning in the Stanford NLP Group on natural language processing and its application in medicine. Previously I have worked with Prof. Russ Altman on biomedical relation extraction and knowledge discovery.
Before that, I obtained a M.S. degree in the Computer Science Department at Stanford University, with focus on Artificial Intelligence and Human-Computer Interaction. I also obtained a bachelor's degree from the Department of Electronic Engineering at Tsinghua University, China.
My work has been primarily focused on knowledge - both acquiring knowledge from text, and using knowledge to power downstream applications. For the former, my work has focused on information extraction and knowledge base population systems. For the latter, knowledge-augmented generation of medical text and biomedical knowledge discovery are some exciting applications.
Preprints and publications (*: equal contribution):
- Do Syntax Trees Help Pre-trained Transformers Extract Information?
Devendra Singh Sachan, Yuhao Zhang, Peng Qi, William Hamilton
- Biomedical and Clinical English Model Packages in the Stanza Python NLP Library.
Yuhao Zhang, Yuhui Zhang, Peng Qi, Christopher D. Manning, Curtis P. Langlotz
- Stay Hungry, Stay Focused: Generating Informative and Specific Questions in Information-Seeking Conversations.
Peng Qi, Yuhao Zhang, Christopher D. Manning
- Stanza: A Python Natural Language Processing Toolkit for Many Human Languages.
Peng Qi*, Yuhao Zhang*, Yuhui Zhang, Jason Bolton, Christopher D. Manning
Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL), System Demonstrations. 2020.
- Optimizing the Factual Correctness of a Summary: A Study of Summarizing Radiology Reports.
Yuhao Zhang, Derek Merck, Emily Bao Tsai, Christopher D. Manning, Curtis P. Langlotz
Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL). 2020.
- Multi-Perspective Relevance Matching with Hierarchical ConvNets for Social Media Search.
Jinfeng Rao, Wei Yang, Yuhao Zhang, Ferhan Ture, Jimmy Lin
The AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 2019.
- Learning to Summarize Radiology Findings.
Yuhao Zhang, Daisy Yi Ding, Tianpei Qian, Christopher D. Manning, Curtis P. Langlotz
The EMNLP Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis (EMNLP-LOUHI). 2018.
- Graph Convolution over Pruned Dependency Trees Improves Relation Extraction.
Yuhao Zhang*, Peng Qi*, Christopher D. Manning.
Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP). 2018.
- Universal Dependency Parsing from Scratch.
Peng Qi*, Tim Dozat*, Yuhao Zhang*, Christopher D. Manning.
Proceedings of the CoNLL 2018 Shared Task: Multilingual Parsing from Raw Text to Universal Dependencies.
- Cross-type Biomedical Named Entity Recognition with Deep Multi-Task Learning.
Xuan Wang, Yu Zhang, Xiang Ren, Yuhao Zhang, Marinka Zitnik, Jingbo Shang, Curtis Langlotz, Jiawei Han.
- Position-aware Attention and Supervised Data Improve Slot Filling.
Yuhao Zhang, Victor Zhong, Danqi Chen, Gabor Angeli, and Christopher D. Mannning.
Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP). 2017.
Outstanding Paper Award
- Stanford at TAC KBP 2017: Building a Trilingual Relational Knowledge Graph.
Arun Chaganty*, Ashwin Paranjape*, Jason Bolton*, Matthew Lamm*, Jinhao Lei*, Abigail See*, Kevin Clark, Yuhao Zhang, Peng Qi, and Christopher D. Manning.
Text Analysis Conference (TAC) Proceedings. 2017.
- Expanding a Radiology Lexicon Using Contextual Patterns in Radiology Reports.
Bethany Percha, Yuhao Zhang, Selen Bozkurt, Daniel Rubin, Russ B Altman, Curtis P Langlotz.
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), ocx152.
- Stanford at TAC KBP 2016: Sealing Pipeline Leaks and Understanding Chinese.
Yuhao Zhang*, Arun Chaganty*, Ashwin Paranjape*, Danqi Chen*, Jason Bolton*, Peng Qi, and Christopher D. Manning.
Text Analysis Conference (TAC) Proceedings. 2016.
- Helping Users Bootstrap Ontologies: An Empirical Investigation.
Yuhao Zhang, Tania Tudorache, Matthew Horridge and Mark A. Musen.
The ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI). 2015.
- Consumer Demand for Online Dizziness Information: If You Build It, They May Come.
Kerber, Kevin A., Lesli E. Skolarus, Brian C. Callaghan, Kai Zheng, Yuhao Zhang, Lawrence An, and James Burke.
Frontiers in Neurology. 2014.
You can find some of my project code at my github homepage.
- The TAC Relation Extraction Dataset (TACRED)
- The Stanza Python NLP Toolkit
- Graph Convolutional Network (GCN) for Relation Extraction
- Radiology Summarization and Pretrained Models
More About Me
Here are more facts about me:
- I do a bit photography in my sparetime. Check out some of my work at my 500px homepage.
- I used to perform Crosstalk/相声, a time-honored traditional Chinese comedy, and have some experience about it.
- I play a bit guitar.
- Room 232, Gates Building, Stanford
- yuhao.zhang ~at~ stanford ~dot~ edu