Hey there, welcome!
I am a Ph.D. student at Stanford University. I am fortunate to be working with Prof. Curtis Langlotz in the medical school and Prof. Chris Manning in the NLP group on information extraction and its application in medicine. Previously I have worked with Prof. Russ Altman on biomedical relation extraction and knowledge discovery.
Before that, I obtained a M.S. degree in the Computer Science Department at Stanford University, with focus on Artificial Intelligence and Human-Computer Interaction. I also obtained a bachelor's degree from the Department of Electronic Engineering at Tsinghua University, China.
My work has been primarily focused on knowledge - both acquiring knowledge from text, and using structured knowledge to power downstream applications. For the former, I've worked on natural language processing, information retrieval and ontology. For the latter, clinical informatics and biomedical knowledge discovery are the most exciting applications.
Preprints and publications:
- Learning to Summarize Radiology Findings.
Yuhao Zhang, Daisy Yi Ding, Tianpei Qian, Christopher D. Manning, Curtis P. Langlotz
- Graph Convolution over Pruned Dependency Trees Improves Relation Extraction.
Yuhao Zhang*, Peng Qi*, Christopher D. Manning.
- Universal Dependency Parsing from Scratch.
Peng Qi*, Tim Dozat*, Yuhao Zhang*, Christopher D. Manning.
Proceedings of the CoNLL 2018 Shared Task: Multilingual Parsing from Raw Text to Universal Dependencies
- Cross-type Biomedical Named Entity Recognition with Deep Multi-Task Learning.
Xuan Wang, Yu Zhang, Xiang Ren, Yuhao Zhang, Marinka Zitnik, Jingbo Shang, Curtis Langlotz, Jiawei Han.
To appear in Bioinformatics.
- Position-aware Attention and Supervised Data Improve Slot Filling.
Yuhao Zhang, Victor Zhong, Danqi Chen, Gabor Angeli, and Christopher D. Mannning.
EMNLP 2017 (Outstanding Paper Award)
- Expanding a Radiology Lexicon Using Contextual Patterns in Radiology Reports.
Bethany Percha, Yuhao Zhang, Selen Bozkurt, Daniel Rubin, Russ B Altman, Curtis P Langlotz.
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), ocx152
- Stanford at TAC KBP 2016: Sealing Pipeline Leaks and Understanding Chinese.
Yuhao Zhang*, Arun Chaganty*, Ashwin Paranjape*, Danqi Chen*, Jason Bolton*, Peng Qi, and Christopher D. Manning.
Text Analysis Conference (TAC) Proceedings 2016
- Helping Users Bootstrap Ontologies: An Empirical Investigation.
Yuhao Zhang, Tania Tudorache, Matthew Horridge and Mark A. Musen.
Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2015)
- Consumer Demand for Online Dizziness Information: If You Build It, They May Come.
Kerber, Kevin A., Lesli E. Skolarus, Brian C. Callaghan, Kai Zheng, Yuhao Zhang, Lawrence An, and James Burke.
Frontiers in Neurology 5 (2014)
You can find some of my project code at my github homepage.
More About Me
Here are more facts about me:
- I do a bit photography in my sparetime. Check out some of my work at my 500px homepage.
- I used to perform Crosstalk/相声, a time-honored traditional Chinese comedy, and have some experience about it.
- I play a bit guitar.
- P170, Lucas Center for Imaging & Room 232, Gates Building, Stanford
- yuhao.zhang ~at~ stanford ~dot~ edu